Saturday, October 7, 2017

Welcome to my Mind

Here, I hope to share with you all the news about my adventures as an author. I'll post about everything. My books as they're being written, released and promoted. Personal stuff. (But not too personal.) Thoughts on writing, the emotional journey's I'm going through, the learning process about the craft of writing, and anything else blog worthy.

Let me start by telling you about who I am. I'm a married father of twin girls, both currently in their 2nd year of college. I also have 3 terrific foster kids here, 1 of who is also in college.

I started writing young adult fiction. My debut novel was Vision of Shadows, about a 17 year old girl who was a psychic. She's  about to literally meet the boy of her dreams, and he'll either be the love of her life, or the end of it.

Soon I'd write a book called Just Breathe, which dealt with a girl named Cassie who is sexually assaulted, but saved by a young man named Noah. As the pair grow closer, she starts to realize that his past is darker than anything she could have imagined.

Now, I'm hard at work on my Torn Series. Book 1, Torn Away, won 1st place in the Saratoga RWA Great Beginnings Contest and will be published by The Wild Rose Press on 11-01-17. I just signed with TWRP for book 2, Torn in Two and I'm working on the finale, Torn to Pieces.

Here's the blurb for book 1 Torn Away:


Drew Duncan swore he’d never go back to Ember Falls again. After he was wrongfully charged with his high school girlfriend’s murder, he waited for a trial that never came. When he was released from jail a year later, he left everything behind. But when his sister is murdered, Drew is forced to return to the hometown where he and his sisters were brutalized by their alcoholic father.


Once back, not even his training as a Marine and point man for McAlister Security prepares Drew for what he must face--a surviving sister who refuses to forgive him for abandoning her, a nephew who trembles when he enters the room, and an entire town that thinks he got away with murder. To protect his nephew, Drew will face his most terrifying fear. Going home.



This is easily the best thing I've ever written and I'm so proud to share it with the world.

I've gotten into writing a lot of more emotional stuff, dealing with abuse, sexual assault, self loathing, domestic abuse and many other issues. I hope to handle them with the sensitivity that they deserve.

As I continue to write, I'll come on here, share news, my thoughts, and little extra's like a cut scene or little teaser.

But for right now, I just wanted to say hi and Welcome to my mind!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A short take on my short stories

              A few months ago, I took a class called Fiction Workshop that required us to write a short story. Short stories have never rea...